1. When ordering, there are four major components required to make a complete seat.
• the seat
• the slider and swivel
• the footrest
• the pedestal
2. First, decide which seat best fits your needs and budget.
3. The slide and swivel are critical to the stability of the chair mounted on the pedestal. These come in two sizes: 2-7/8” and 4”. With our Series 1 and Series 2 chairs we recommend the 4” models. We also recommend the Mariner 2 swivel slider for any seat you choose that has the footrest mounted to the seat (as in the picture). If you are planning on using your existing pedestal, measure the outside diameter of the pedestal, then choose the correct size slider/swivel.
4. We have a variety of pedestals available, so one of the first things you will need to determine is the maximum height you want the seat to reach. Measure your current seat from the floor to the top of the sitting area. Then subtract the thickness of the seat foam and the height added by the slider. Most of our seats with the slider average about eight inches. For example, the measurement from the floor to the seat is 20 inches. Subtract 8 inches from the 20 inches, and you'll need a pedestal that is 12 inches tall. If you're not certain, it is always best to calculate a bit higher rather than lower. If necessary, that allows you to trim the pedestal height slightly. For the adjustable height pedestal, choose one that will give you movement above and below the height you calculated.
5. Finally, you will need to select a footrest to fit your needs. In some cases no footrest is necessary.
6. Below is a sample order so you can see how it looks. If you have questions, please call us at 800-284-5771 or 817-831-6261 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.